Since its inception in 1937, the Tobacco Workers' Conference (TWC) has been hosted and organized by a single university or entity, with a rotation through the tobacco states, and periodically in Canada. As our industry continues to evolve, so is our organization. Therefore, it was decided that beginning with the 48th TWC (2018), the conference organization would be managed by an inter-university committee representing various states, tobacco types and academic disciplines.
The 48th Tobacco Workers' Conference Organizing Committee members are:
• Andy Bailey, University of Tennessee/University of Kentucky
• Loren Fisher, North Carolina State University
• J. Michael Moore, University of Georgia, Committee Chair
• Bob Pearce, University of Kentucky
• Paul Peterson, Clemson University
• T. David Reed, Virginia Tech
• Lindsey Thiessen, North Carolina State University
• Matthew Vann, North Carolina State University, Program Chair
This Conference Organizing Committee is responsible for the oversight of the conference as a whole. The Technical Program is managed by an associated Program Committee composed of Chairs, co-Chairs of the five sections that make up the conference. The members and of the “Program Committee” can be found on the "Contact Us" page of this web site.